Additional Education Resources
Kentucky Department of Education
Since 1983, the Prichard Committee has worked to study priority issues, inform the public and policy makers about best practices and engage citizens, business leaders, families, students, and other stakeholders in a shared mission to move Kentucky to the top tier of all states for education excellence and equity for all children, from their earliest years through postsecondary education. We believe public education is critical to the economic and social well-being of Kentucky, requiring an ambitious agenda that ensures educational success for every Kentuckian. We prioritize efforts to elevate the teaching profession as the key to student learning. We demand excellence through meaningful standards, strong accountability, effective teaching, and adequate and equitable funding from early childhood through postsecondary. We are committed to engaging Kentuckians on education issues – inspiring and equipping them to act to improve education outcomes at the state and local levels.
- Interested in family engagement and what that can look like? https://www.prichardcommittee.org/familyengagement/ -
- Interested in the Commonwealth Institute for Parent Leaders (CIPL)? https://www.prichardcommittee.org/cipl-fellowship/
- Interested in the Groundswell Initiative to support increased family and community engagement in our schools? http://groundswell.prichardcommittee.org/
- Learn about the Dual Capacity-Building Framework for Family-School Partnerships: https://www.dualcapacity.org/ - Dr. Karen Mapp, PhD Harvard
The mission of the National Family Support Network is to promote positive outcomes for all children, families, and communities by leveraging the collective impact of state networks and championing quality family support and strengthening practices and policies.
Kentucky Special Parent Involvement Network is a statewide 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. The mission of KY-SPIN, Inc. is to link families and individuals with disabilities to valuable resources that will enable them to live productive, fulfilling lives.
- ParentCamp – Join weekly call with Julie Pile (Boone County BoE member) and Laura Gilcrest (former teacher) as they host conversations on a variety of local education related topics.